Sunday, May 12, 2013

Every Little Thing You Said and Did was Right For Me

 


She's the one who taught me how to tie my shoes. She taught me how to drive, constantly pressing down on her invisible break pedal when I went too fast. In fact, she's the first one who let me drive at all, letting me pilot our family truck at my grandfather's house when I was probably 12 or 13. She made me homemade cakes on my birthday and was there when I got off the bus from my first day of school. She was the one who would rock me back to sleep when I had a bad dream and every time I hear the cadence of her walk across a floor, it takes me right back to when I was a kid and she'd trudge down the hall to yell at my sister and me for staying up late talking and giggling.

I love that she's gotten snarkier and funnier as the years have gone by. Every time I hear a piece of withering sarcasm come out of her mouth, it makes me smile. She's the best grandmother on the planet and my nieces and nephews adore her in a way that melts my heart every time I see them together.

I often joke with my friends that my mother is a saint (said the manner Vince Vaughn uses in Anchorman, when he says "Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!!) and it's not far from the truth.

This Mother's Day, I just wanted to take a moment to talk about the woman who's always been there for me and that I love so, so, so much.

Make sure you call/hug/kiss your mom's today.... for every little thing they do.
_

No comments: