Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And, All the Playful Misspellings and Every Bite I Gave You Left a Mark

 
In keeping in the review theme, I got a bunch of emails from my publisher lately alerting me to some very nice reviews. I try not to go looking for reviews anymore. I found myself getting too caught up in the negative ones and I found the good ones didn't change my mood for a similar amount of time. In short, someone would say something nasty and I'd stew about it for days. But, when someone had something amazing to say about something I'd written, I'd shrug it off and go back to fixating on the bad stuff. I'd like to think I'm growing on that front.

As I said in my last post, most of the time, what people are reacting to, either way, in my stories, is a matter of personal preference. I've (mostly) managed to shake the notion that the reviewer is saying, "HEIDI CHAMPA IS THE WORST WRITER IN THE WORLD." Because that is what I used to think. And, while I do fall into that trap sometimes, I'd like to think I have a bit more perspective on the whole thing these days.

To that end, I thought I'd share the ONE, TWO, THREE nice reviews of my novel, Losing and Gaining. I appreciate them all and am glad that my novel has found some support.

Also, I'm happy to report that my new short story, Down Memory Lane, has made the Amber Allure Bestseller list for September!!! And, with only seven days to sell it, I think that's pretty good. Below is the whole list. Above, is the delicious Man Candy for the week. Yum.

1. Pushing The Envelope XIII: Dear Sir - Kim Dare (Gay / Contemp. / BDSM)
2. Digging For Gold - Sean Michael (Gay / Contemporary)
3. Maybe This Time - Shawn Lane (Gay / Contemporary)
4. Angels On The Outfield - Pepper Espinoza (Gay / Contemporary)
5. Tame 2: Savage - A. J. Llewellyn (Gay / Werewolf)
6. Down Memory Lane - Heidi Champa (Gay / Contemporary)
7. Run To Ground - Darcy Abriel (Gay / Werewolf)
8. Pushing The Envelope XII: Yours Faithfully - Kim Dare (Gay / Contemp. / BDSM)
9. The Friendly Werewolf & The (Almost) Virgin Vampire - Helen Louise Caroll (Gay/Werewolf /Vampire)
10. Happy Endings: Briefs - Missy Welsh (Gay / Collection)
_

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Funny - I was just browsing Amazon and found a book that had mixed reviews. The 1 & 2 star reviews were a few sentences long but the writer had written paragraphs justifying himself in response. So not good.

Congrats on the bestseller listing!

Heidi Champa said...

Yes, responding to reviews, to me, is a big, big no-no. It can only end badly.