Monday, December 28, 2009

I Read The News Today, Oh Boy

There is a kick-ass review of my story, Holiday History, at Well Read today. Needless to say, I'm chuffed!! Here is the whole review.

Holiday History by Heidi Champa

Kevin's future is turned upside down when his father gambles away his college fund. Reduced to being an assistant to a painter and decorator, Kevin makes the best of his life as he scrimps and saves so he can go back to college and finish his degree in nautical history. Just before Christmas, Kevin's boss, Tim, gets them a job at a large house owned by a rich and lonely man, Gary.

Likes: I really liked Kevin. He was making the best of a situation which wasn't of his making and despite being from a rich a privileged background, he never looked down his nose at the blue collar, Tim.

Dislikes: Not much to dislike here, other than I wanted it to be longer as the ending was a little sudden.

Overall: This is my pick for the week, a cute story about how love can find you when you least expect it and change your life for the better.

Grade: Excellent.

You can check out reviews of the other Dreamspinner Mistletoe Madness stories and many other books at the site. I'm back to work, with a little extra spring in my step!
_

No comments: