Monday, November 2, 2009

I Struggle For This One, Reach Out For That

Despite my missed balloon flight and a shocking lack of candy, I still managed to have an okay weekend. I got some things accomplished and still enjoyed myself. I went for a walk today, before things got too dark. I really wish we didn't have to turn our clocks back, and make the sun disappear so fast. I will miss the late evening sun, until it returns again in the summer.

In other news, I got one acceptance this weekend and one rejection. I wish I could figure out a way to make rejections less painful to swallow. I know there really is no way to do that; it never gets any easier. It just sucks that one piece of bad news seems to carry so much more weight than any good news I get. The bad guys are always in the back of my mind, waving their hands, reminding me that they are there, ready to ruin my day. No matter how far back I push them, they never let me forget about them. Evil little bastards . . .

But, I remain undeterred. Bumps in the road are to be expected. I just wish they didn't sting so much. I guess that's what Man Candy was made for. Much like time, they truly do heal all wounds. I decided on a classic. David Beckham. That's the stuff.
_

No comments: