Monday, November 23, 2009

I Don't Know Her, But She Makes Me Feel Like Roller Skating


In my house, I am known for my crazy dreams. Recently, I had another classic head-scratcher. I am at a roller skating rink, doing my thing, rolling around the oval to the beat of a disco song. The place is packed, but the funny part about it is: no one else is moving. They are on the floor, wearing skates, laughing and talking, but not skating. I keep asking everyone what they are doing, and they keep saying, "Skating. Just like you." They keep saying it, like I'm the one who's crazy. The faster and faster I go around the rink, the more people appear, standing around on wheels. Not moving. I weave all around them, trying to avoid hitting them and they all just watch me, but not moving an inch. Weird, right?

I'm still not quite sure what this might all mean. But, it has really stuck with me. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to change my dream topics with a little Man Candy. Lord knows, I would "roller skate" with this guy anytime. It is shaping up to be another busy week around these parts. How about you?
_

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

It's interesting that others claim to be doing the same thing, though they are not.

I think maybe your dream is about change, and worrying that you are "out of step." But the positive side of it is that you are clearly doing the right thing by rollerskating when you're on those skates.

Maybe you have confidence in something you're doing, but you're worried about perceptions of others.

The dream seems very positive to me. It's about doing while others aren't.

Heidi Champa said...

I'm still trying to sort it all out Craig, but I like your interpretation. It was just such an odd thing, almost like everyone was comatose or something.

Thanks for stopping by, Craig. I'll let you know if I have any profound revelations.