Thursday, June 4, 2009

Can You Imagine That, An Itch Too Sensitive To Scratch

After writing over 10,000 words in two days and a overzealous mopping of my kitchen floor, I have done my hands in. They hurt like hell. I even managed to bruise my thumb. They are begging me to stop typing right now, but I can't. My inspiration is so good right now, I don't want to stop. But, pretty soon, I may not have a choice.

I paused last evening for some medicinal pint drinking and cheap taco eating. It helped, a bit. So did the girl talk. I was reminded yet again why my girl Janis is awesome. She gets it, she gets me and I love her. There are more words I could use, but I'm trying to keep it brief. Even after my beers, my hands are sore and angry.

So, I will take my leave for now, but the story in my head keeps calling. I just hope it's worth it. Will someone type for me? I'm desperate!
_

4 comments:

neve black said...

Awww, shit, Heidi. You can't stop!

Could you dictate your thoughts while your hands are healing?

p.s. there's nothing better than getting together with girl friends that *get you* and drinking and just talking.

Heidi Champa said...

I should invest in a tape recorder, Neve. That's a good idea!!

My hands feel better today. I'm trying to take it easy. I've only written a wee bit. Okay, it might be more than a wee bit. ;)

Emerald said...

Do you have one of those mini-tape recorders? HA! I just clicked over and typed that before reading your comments. :) Indeed, you could just ramble away and then type it out later! I used to have one I used while I was driving.

Healing to you!

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks Emerald, I'm feeling a little better. I just needed an afternoon off.

I am going to have to get a tape recorder this weekend!!