Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Never Late, Always On Time For The Show

Today was the official last day of my semester. I went to campus for the last time, to pick up my final project for my nonfiction class. I was very proud of my portfolio, having put a lot of time and effort into its construction. Plus, the professor had promised us all some apple crisp. How could I not show up?

All year long, I strove for that elusive 100%. Knowing it is a near impossibility, I kept fighting for it. But, alas, it was not to be. My portfolio grade was. . . .99%. That's right. 99%. I have to say, that is still a first for me. Near perfection turns out to be a pretty good substitute. As someone wise once said, "Perfection is the realm of the creator." So, instead of pouring over my portfolio for the 1% it lacked, I will graciously accept my 99%, knowing that it is in the flaws that the true beauty lies.


I will truly miss going to class every week. I learned a lot. When the professor told me today that I was a great writer, I couldn't help but look away and blush. Why is it that compliments are so hard to accept? Maybe someone should teach a class on that. I'd take it.
_

7 comments:

Erobintica said...

Congrats Heidi! Umm, yeah, 99% ain't nothing to sneeze at. (Bet your professor would love that sentence)

And I think there are a lot of professors that don't give 100s on principle. Be proud.(It's okay)

Greazy Tony said...

Heidi the teacher’s pet huh? I didn’t see that one coming when we were dating in college.

As usual this is good work out of you baby. Now if I can just figure out how to hang a three ring binder on the refrigerator…

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks, Erobintica. I am very proud.

And, thank you baby. Maybe we should just put the binder by the fridge. You can read it at your leisure.

neve black said...

Heidi!
You're a great writer! You should be very proud. I'm proud of you!

Big Congratulations!

Heidi Champa said...

Thank Neve. I'm blushing again. ;)

Emerald said...

Congrats, Heidi! Very cool!

Congrats also on your completion of your semester.

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks Emerald. ;)

I appreciate it.