Monday, October 20, 2008

And I Just Can't Contain, This Feeling That Remains


Well, I survived my public reading at In the Flesh. And, it was amazing. I had so much fun, standing up there and letting other people hear my work. I was nervous as hell, but as I read, I felt my nerves subside and it was so cool. I got so much positive feedback from strangers and new friends alike. I was overwhelmed how supportive and wonderful everyone was. Rachel Kramer Bussel makes it such a great experience. I feel truly honored to have been a part of it.

Plus, I got to meet Emerald(+1), Donna, Jeremy(+1) and EllaRegina. And, I can say without hesitation that they all rock!! We had a great time talking about all manner of things and enjoying some smut together. It was a great night in NYC and I would love to do it again. Also, may I recommend the little gem Teany and the wonderful French Roast to all of you. Fine food, fine drink and fine company. What more could anyone ask for?

There were videos taken at In the Flesh, so as soon as it is up, I'll link it.

*The picture is in honor of Man Candy Monday. It all started here, but I love the idea. I think it will really catch on.

5 comments:

Kristina Lloyd said...

Thanks for your Man Candy Monday! I really do hope it catches on!

And congrats on a successful reading. I would have loved to have been sitting at a table with all those smutters. Sounds fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I had such a great time I felt excited all over again just reading your account of it! I was just working on my own blog (which has not yet materialized, obviously) of the weekend and thought I'd stop by yours while taking a break, lol.

I forgot to tell you when I saw you in person how I love your song line blog post titles. :) I have enjoyed seeing if I recognize what song your titles are from (which I usually have).

It was really great to meet you (+1 ;)), and congratulations again on your great reading!!!

Xoxoxo,
Emerald

Jeremy Edwards said...

Great job, Heidi (and Emerald and Donna et al.)! Your under-the-desk shenanigans are the kind of thing that give shenanigans a good name, and you delivered the goods with perfect pizzazz. (That's pizzazz, not "pizzas" ... though if you're delivering pizzas as well, I'll have a four-cheese.)

What a fun-filled night, from start to finish (if it ever actually finished)!

P.S. My spamword is msmok, which I think is pronounced "MIZ-mock" and would be used in sentences like "Don't make a big msmok out of it."

Jeremy Edwards said...

P.P.S. Yeah, KL, where the dickens were you? We waited and waited. Don't tell me you accidentally went and lived thousands of miles away from us or some such silly thing!

Heidi Champa said...

Thanks everyone. It really was a great time. Hopefully, someday, we can do it all over again.

My spam word is cjdweenc. I don't even know where to go with that one.