Sunday, September 14, 2008

Working Hard to Get My Fill, Everybody Wants a Thrill

I know it sounds silly, but I believe that the mere act of talking about things can make them happen. Okay, maybe not big things, or particularly interesting things. But things none the less. I can quote an episode of the Simpsons and no more than 48 hours later, it will be on television. I can mention a person in passing, and they will call or turn up no more than a week hence.

Of course, it has never worked on big things, like winning the lottery or being offered a book deal. But, every time I lose hope in my ability, something will happen to turn me back into a believer. For those who don't know, I've been obsessed with seeing a certain AFL player without a shirt on. And, no, I don't think obsessed is too strong a word. His reluctance to do so has driven me mad for months. But, I never stopped hoping it would happen.

Well, never let it be said that I lack powers. Useless as they may be, this weekend, they have made me very happy. While I don't take credit for the act itself, I do take credit for the universe bringing it to me. The real heroes are those tireless folks at Hot Aussie Footy Players Shirtless. The name says it all, doesn't it? Their efforts have made my life a little brighter many times, but never more so than a few days ago. So, thanks. You'll never know what it means to me.


It was worth the wait, don't you think?

No comments: