Friday, August 29, 2008

Frustrated Incorporated


I can't seem to stop procrastinating today. I have things I want to write, to get out, but it is just not working. How am I supposed to concentrate when John McCain just picked his running mate and Katie Holmes has a new haircut? How can I keep focused when my mind keeps wandering to bills, the rain and the end of the Aussie Rules season? Then, I go and get the mail and my new Bitch Magazine is in there, so that will prove to be another distraction.

With the holiday weekend coming, I know I will have a lot of extra time to write, but I wanted to do it today. Why won't my brain just cooperate? Right now, I am still inclined to fight, but as the day wears on, I tend to give up. If I can even get a few lines down, I will call it a success. Unless my inspiration comes, it might end up being a slow day. But, that is okay. There is always tomorrow. Or much more likely for me, the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Neve Black said...

Hi Heidi,
You're so right. Did you read Craig's post this week on distractions?

There are days when I can't stop writing and have to remember to eat, pee and shower. And then ther are those other days...those, slow, arduous and sometimes painful days when the words just won't flow (brain blockage) and I'm picking up dust bunnies...and wanting to put my head into the oven. Okay that's extreme, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Suffice, Happy writing this weekend!

BTW: John McCain's female running mate from Alaska is quite minx like, don't cha' think?

Craig Sorensen said...

And here I am, out getting distracted yet again, Neve.

I feel your pain, Heidi. Sometimes, those nasty synapses just won't cooperate.

Hope you have good writing this holiday weekend.