Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spotlight, Shining Out for You and Me

Sticker spotlight, that is. As I am on a deadline, and don't have a lot of time to post today, I thought I'd reveal the story behind some of my stickers that recently got their 15 minutes of fame on Alison Tyler's blog. So, here are a few of my favorites and where they came from. I hope this keeps you guys busy until I am done with these stories. They are being a bit difficult at the moment.


Sticker 1: Apparently, naughty language is a big deal in Virginia Beach, VA. So, they have signs up with this insignia, imploring you to clean up your dirty mouth. Some industrious person then decided to make shirts and stickers. I loved the sticker immediately.


Sticker 2: Purchased at the Tower Theatre in October of 2004, Morrissey played a wonderful, amazing, perfect concert in support of his album, You Are the Quarry.





Sticker 3 (BONUS): Didn't actually make it into the original pictures, as it lives on the side of the CD holder. I got this sticker in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia. They are keen to get their own Australian Rules Football team, and they were having spectators at the game sign petitions to show their support. They also gave away free stickers. My opinion probably didn't do much for them, as I live in the good ol' USA, but I had to have those stickers.






2 comments:

Kathryn said...

LOL at the AFL for Tassie sticker. My mum was telling me that the previous premier was up to all kinds of dodgy stuff and every time someone questioned him, he'd just say "We need an AFL team"... hoping to distract ppl.

The naughty language one is a classic.

Craig Sorensen said...

I'm an Aussie football fan from way back, when they used to show games live in the middle of the night on ESPN. Sadly, that's all in the past.

Sigh.