Monday, July 28, 2008

I Want the World to Know, Got To Let it Show


Well, I bit the bullet this past weekend, and told the people I'm closest to what has been going on in my life. I originally told myself I was keeping everything quiet because I wanted to wait until I had something concrete to show them. But, even after the acceptances came in, then the contracts and finally the hard copies, I was still reluctant.

I'm not 100% sure why. I didn't think they would disown me, or even be that upset. I guess I was just so excited about everything, I didn't want anyone else's opinions to ruin it for me.

But, as I happily found out, I shouldn't have worried at all. My mom and sister were both stoked for me. My mom even requested a copy of the magazine that just came out. So, now pretty much everyone knows, or soon will. And, I have to say it feels so good. Not only because keeping it quiet was silly, but because I can finally celebrate something that has been making me so happy. It was tough to keep it under wraps for a number of reasons.

In some small way, the truth has set me free. As stupid as that sounds.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yah, it's great that the main people in your life can celebrate for you :D

Btw read your story in Bust yesterday and loved it. So sexy and sad.

Neve Black said...

Congratulations, Heidi.

Big step. You should be proud of yourself.

NB