Friday, April 11, 2008

I Need Backup, I Need Company, I Need to be Inspired


I don't understand why my inspiration has to be so fickle. Sometimes, I can't get my mind to shut up. Mostly, when I lay down to sleep at night, it is running a mile a minute, and I can't get the laptop out fast enough. But, then. . . during daylight hours, I sit and stare at my half finished story, and nothing. Nothing witty or sexy comes to mind. Not even something remotely usable. I'm still trying to figure out how to harness the inspiration when I need it. The process has been slow. I find I work best when I know the deadline is looming. The pressure seems to help, but it is not always the most convenient time. Sometimes I want to finish stuff early. I've been trying to finish two stories for weeks now. I'm close, but not there yet.

But, I guess as long as I'm writing it shouldn't matter. I just want to keep getting better.

No comments: